COPYRIGHT ©, 2005-2016 MTSG-ART, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
What is “Copyright?”
*Copyright is a form of protection provided by the laws of the United States (title 17, U. S. Code) to the authors of “original works of authorship,” including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works. This protection is available to both published and unpublished works.
Section 106 of the 1976 Copyright Act gives the owner (the creator) of copyright the exclusive right to do and to authorize others to do the following:
- To reproduce the work in copies
- To prepare derivative works based upon the work
- To distribute copies of the work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending
- To display the work publicly
It is illegal for anyone to violate any of the rights provided by the copyright law to the owner of copyright.
- MTSG-ART legally owns and reserves all rights to her intellectual property, which is registered with the US Copyright Office.
- It is a violation of US and international Copyright law to reproduce, or copy, MTSG-ART’s images, writings, or trademarks.
- MTSG-ART does NOT offer licensing to reproduce her paintings, electronically or otherwise.
- Federal and international copyright laws strictly prohibit reproduction, of any kind, without prior written authorization.
- This means it is illegal to print or electronically copy any image or text on annrea.com.
- If you own a print or an original work of art, you own just that. You do not also own the license, nor do you posses the right, to reproduce, or copy, MTSG-ART’s intellectual property in any way.
- If you reproduce MTSG-ART’s intellectual property, without MTSG-ART’s written consent, you are guilty of copyright infringement and this is a violation of U.S. and international copyright law.
Please note, violators have been, and they will be, prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.